Thursday 8 October 2015

THE KNOCK ON THE DOOR

When you first came knocking on my door
I wondered what you came there for
It was soon clear that you needed feeding
For admittance you were begging and crying and pleading
If in that moment I sent you away
I wouldn't be stood here knocking today
But my pity it went and sealed up my fate
I'd opened an invisible protective gate

In essence you had told the truth
When you begged the shelter of my roof
For sustenance was indeed your aim
That you lied I certainly cannot claim
But you wanted no chicken, or my goulash recipe
The food you wanted flowed within me
You looked straight at me with hypnotic eyes
My mind went blank, my head tilted, I sighed

Such agonizing pain, but I could not move!
Unable to shout complain or disprove
My life drained away as yours was nourished
My story ended as your own being flourished
But even your own dark soul felt my kindness
And sought to return it in your moral blindness
But in truth I wish you had just left me a corpse
That would be better than this endless remorse

You thought you were giving an eternal gift
As you let your own blood pass between my two lips
But I awoke three days later to find I was cursed
For me no funeral, no flowers or hearse
In this Hell on Earth I can know only night
I know only hunger and killing on sight
I have no wholesome thought just desire for more
My next prey selected, I knock on the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment