Thursday 8 October 2015

THE SLEEPER

I can proudly boast you've never suffered,
You were not strangled, stabbed or smothered
Indeed you're very much alive 
But for freedom you feel no need to strive
Indeed you're feeling nothing at all
You could not hear any rescuers call
For the gentle hiss of the ventilator 
Keeps your body soaked in its potent vapour

Even on that fateful day
When your fate contrived to cross my way
Your last memories they were calm and pleasant
You were so happy and effervescent
You met another who shared your passions
We talked of music history and fashions
And so we ended up in bed
And then you went missing, presumed dead

But of course my love your heart's still beating
But there's no awareness, not even fleeting
For I decided that wonderful night
That you would never leave my sight
The tea you drank that followed our pleasure
Contained an extra special measure
But you just thought that you were sleepy
From our exertions, lustful and needy

And so you laid your head to rest
With a smile on your face and feeling blessed
You were not awake to wonder or ask
Why I was applying a rubber mask
I held it tightly to your face
And the vapour extended its strong embrace
I felt you go limp beneath my hands
And there ended all your schemes and plans

Now you can't do anything for yourself
As you lay there on your padded shelf
But you enjoy my total devotion
I keep you healthy and your blood in motion
You're fed and hydrated through sterilized lines
And a catheter drains your urinal wines
I devoutly meet your every need
You're turned and massaged between each feed

Your precious life I will not take
Nor will you be allowed to wake
No more decisions for you to make
Or any task to undertake
You’ll feel no pain nor will you weep
For you just the bliss of perpetual sleep
My precious love, you’ll simply BE

My living doll for none but me


No comments:

Post a Comment